|1903 - 1990||
Transcribed by Unknown
Will of Daniel Mattison
I, Daniel Mattison of the Town of Greenwich County of Washington State of New York tho frail in Body, of sound and disposing mind, memory and Judgement for which I desire to give God the praise But Calling to mind the Certainty of Death and the uncertainty of Life do make and ordain this my last Will and Testament that is to say first of all I give and recommend my Soul into the hand of Almighty God to be excepted through the merits of Christ and my Body to the dust.
Dated October 29, 1810, Probated 7 May 1811
2. I will and Bequeath to Elexander Webster, Esq. ten dollars.
3. I will and Bequeath to James Webster twenty five Dollars.
4. I will and Bequeath to George Webster twenty five Dollars.
5. I will and Bequeath to Helen Steel twenty five Dollars.
6. I will and Bequeath to Mary Quakenbush twenty five Dollars.
7. I will and Bequeath to Agness Thompson twenty five Dollars
8. I will and Bequeath to Margaret White deceased her children to be equally divided Twenty Dollars to be paid to George Webster to be kept for them till they become of age and to employ it to the best advantage for them.
9. I will and Bequeath to Jean Webster ten dollars.
10. I will and bequeath Nancy Neilson, widow Thompson's daughter twenty five dollars.
11. I will and bequeath to Daniel Steel, John Steel's son twenty five dollars to be paid to his father to be put to the best use for his profit till he comes of age.
12. I will and bequeath to Walter Stewart twenty five dollars.
13. I will and bequeath to George Stewart my seat in the meetinghouse.
14. I ordain Seven hundred dollars to be paid to Alexander Proudfit the interest of this to be employed in Buying Bibles and Shorter Cathichisms for the use of the Setlers in the powtiess.
15. I ordain Six hundred Dollars to be paid to the Revd. Alexander Proudfit the interest of this to be employed in suporting the students of divinity in the theological Seminary that are not able to suport themselves.
None of the forementioned legacys to be paid in les than one year after my Decease, if it shall so happen that the money fall short of answering all the legacys it is to come out of the legacys to be paid to the Revd. Alexander Proudfit in proportion to the sums and if there is any over it shall be added to the moneys to be paid to Mr. Proudfit in proportion to the sums and my executors to Collect my Debts as it were their own.
I will that a Stone be Erected at my grace at the discretion of my Executors.
My age is seventy three year.
I will my bed and body cloaths to the family where I have my Residence when I am called off the world except I be occasionally from home and taken suddenly in that case the family where I die has no Right to them.
I will my Books to the family where I reside.
Lastly, I do hereby nominate and appoint Thomas Collins, Senior of the town of Salem, County of Washington and Walter Stewart of the Town of Greenwich County aforesaid as Executors of this my last will and Testament hereby revoking all former Wills and Testaments by me at any time heretofore made and I do Declare this to be my last Will and Testament.
In witness whereof to this my said Will I have set my hand and Seal the twenty ninth day of October one thousand eight hundred and ten and of our Independence the thirty fourth.
Daniel (his mark) Mattison (LS)
James Oliver, Senior
James Oliver, Junior
Return to Wills
Contact Us | About | AUP | Privacy | Copyright | Site Map
Copyright © 2002-2018 matteson.us All Rights Reserved